"After an amazing event last February, we're excited to bring the UFC back to Japan for the second year in a row," UFC president Dana White said in a press release. "Japan has such a big fan base that we knew we couldn't stay away for too long. I can't wait to get back to Japan in March!"
No fights have been announced, but you can bet several Japanese-based fighters will be featured on the card. The last show from just outside Tokyo featured a bout between Frankie Edgar and Benson Henderson for the UFC lightweight title.
"It was a tremendous achievement to bring the UFC to Japan last February and I am looking forward to our return following the success of that event," said Mark Fischer, managing director of UFC Asia. "Our Japanese fans have been supportive of this sport for many years and we are delighted to bring them, once again, a great card."
- Anderson Silva Targeting Summer Return To The Octagon
- Jon Jones Recovering Well From His Elbow Injury
- Carlos Condit On Rematching Rory MacDonald: "I'm In"
- Mark Hominick Announces His Retirement From MMA
- Bellator Delays Rad Martinez-Shahbulat Shamhalaev Bout Until 2013
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Numbers Release; Event Drew 4.4 Million Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.