Friday night's UFC on FX 3: Johnson vs. McCall 2 drew a reported audience of 6,635 to the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida for a live gate of $329,110.
The numbers fell short of the UFC's usual marks (and set the record for the lowest of the UFC on FX event series) and UFC president Dana White admitted that Florida is a tough market at the event's post-fight press conference. He also said he was encouraged by the local media coverage of the event.
UFC on FX 3 featured the flyweight rematch between Demetrious Johnson and Ian McCall, which saw Johnson earn a unanimous decision over McCall to earn a shot at the vacant 125lbs belt against Joseph Benavidez. In the co-main event, Erick Silva confirmed the hype by finishing Charlie Brenneman in one round with a rear naked choke.
For full results from the event, click here.
- White On Injury Plague: "These Guys Need To Tone It Down"
- Michael Bisping Goes Under The Knife On Wednesday
- Check Out Rebellion Radio Tonight
- "TUF: Brazil" Debuts Tonight On FUEL TV
- Dana White "Disgusted" By Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley Decision
- Separated Shoulder Forced Brian Stann To The Sidelines
- Jose Aldo Latest Injury Victim; Faber-Barao Moved To "UFC 149"
- Video: UFC On FX 3 Highlights
- Report: UFC Officially Applies For "UFC 151: Jones Vs. Henderson"
- B.J. Penn Vs. Rory MacDonald Targeted For UFC 152
- Paul Daley Allowed Release From Strikeforce
- "UFC On FX: Johnson Vs. McCall" Gate And Attendance
- GSP-Condit, Hendricks-Kampmann On Track For "UFC 154"