The first fight on this card is a light heavyweight showdown that features Nick Penner (11-2) vs. Cody Donovan (7-2).
Round 1: The two touch gloves as the round starts. Donovan begins the fight against the cage. The two break. Penner with a right hook that takes Donovan to the mat. Donovan is able to apply a triangle choke from the ground, but Penner gets out and the two are back on their feet. Penner with a big uppercut and Donovan is on the mat again.
The two scramble back to their feet. The referee pauses the fight after Penner is hit with an accidental kick to the groin. The fight resumes and Donovan hits a short left hook which puts Penner on the ground. Donovan punches away as the referee steps in.
Cody Donovan defeated Nick Penner via TKO at 4:35 of round 1
- One UFC Fighter Thinks Ronda Rousey Shouldn’t Have Been Handed The Title
- Rory MacDonald On If B.J. Penn Should Retire
- Dana White: If Michael Bisping Defeats Vitor Belfort He’s Next In Line For The Title Shot
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Bonuses Handed Out, Live Gate Released
- Melvin Guillard Doesn’t Think Jamie Varner Will Be At UFC 155
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale: Roy Nelson Vs. Matt Mitrione
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale: Colton Smith Vs. Mike Ricci
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.