The UFC will return to Indiana for the first time in almost exactly two years this September with UFC on FX 5.
The event was first reported by the Indy Star and is headed to the renamed Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis. Tickets will go on sale for the event on July 20.
UFC 119, the promotion's last event held in the state (and the first), took place on September 25 at what was then called the Conseco Fieldhouse. Though the fight card failed to deliver (UFC president Dana White withheld the Knockout of the Night bonus from Frank Mir, who scored the only knockout on the card at the end of a lackluster bout against Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic), it generated a solid live audience and gate -- enough to bring the promotion back, anyway.
There are currently no fights attached to UFC on FX 5, rumored or otherwise.
- Jason “Mayhem” Miller: “I Am Looking Past CB Dollaway!”
- Stefan Struve Discusses Maturation As Fighter, Opponent Lavar Johnson
- Video: Joe Rogan And Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Bury The Hatchet
- Four Castmember Fights Announced For 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale'
- UFC On FX 5 Headed For Indianapolis
- Randy Couture Offers Up His Take On Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Jon Jones Has First Court Date Set For May 29
- UFC Announces Several Fights For "The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale"
- Mike Swick Set To Return At "UFC On FOX 4"
- Mir Takes No Issue With Dos Santos Questioning His Manhood
- Alistair Overeem: "I'm Still Gonna Get That Belt"
- Video: Bas Rutten Extols The Virtues Of The Ground Game
- Dan Hardy: Training With Frank Mir Has Been Inspirational
- Dana White Maintains Little Concern For Fox Ratings
- Anderson Silva Slips Up, Lets The World Know What He Really Thinks Of Vitor Belfort
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.