Round 1: Volkmann showing no fear of the takedown attempting a couple of high kicks early on. Volkmann throws a nice uppercut combination before going in for a takedown. The Minnesota native now trying to take Roller's back and has the finger four locked in.
Roller on his knees as he defends the rear-naked choke. Volkmann switches to the other arm and finally locks it in, getting the tap. Might have been just over the jaw but still enough pressure to seal the submission.
Jacob Volkmann def. Shane Roller via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:38 in the first round.
- Glover Teixeira: I'm Jon Jones Toughest Challenge In The Division
- Erick Silva Says Fighters Have To Be Unpredictable
- King Mo Has Bellator Ranked As One Of The Top MMA Companies
- Dana White Defends Paying Dennis Hallman
- "ONE FC 6: Rise Of Kings" Results: Aoki Scores Submission Victory
- Martin Kampmann Thinks Georges St-Pierre Should Go For The Finish More
- Veteran Female Fighter Tara LaRisa Sees Promise In Invicta FC
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.