Round 1: Neer comes out swinging but fails to connect on any of his overhands. Pyle counters with a nice takedown and looks to pass into side mount. Pyle trying to get into mount before Neer attempts a kneebar. Pyle unable to do much on the ground thus far as Neer goes for an armbar attempt. Neer gets out and goes for his own single leg. Pyle manages to escape but gets caught off balance against the cage. Neer pressuring with a couple shots. Neer lands a nice uppercut and follows with some strikes to the body. The two trade blows against the cage and Pyle lands a short right that lands on the button. Huge shot knocks Neer out.
Mike Pyle defeated Josh Neer via KO (punches) at 4:46 in the first round.
Pyle explains that his slip was an attempt to engage Neer. Not sure if that's the case, but a big victory nonetheless.
- Video: UFC On FX 3 Highlights
- Report: UFC Officially Applies For "UFC 151: Jones Vs. Henderson"
- B.J. Penn Vs. Rory MacDonald Targeted For UFC 152
- Paul Daley Allowed Release From Strikeforce
- "UFC On FX: Johnson Vs. McCall" Gate And Attendance
- GSP-Condit, Hendricks-Kampmann On Track For "UFC 154"
- Junior Dos Santos Vs. Cain Velasquez II Set For UFC 152
- "UFC On FX: Johnson Vs. McCall" Bonuses To Four Fighters
- Dana White Comments On Brock Lesnar Meeting
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.