Middleweights Karlos Vemola (10-2) and Francis Carmont (18-7) are up next, as both men look to make an impact. The referee will be Josh Rosenthal. UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre is in Carmont's corner.
Round 1: Carmont with a three-inch advantage, but Vemola fires in and goes for a takedown. Carmont reverses it, but so does Vemola who gets the takedown and into side mount, negating the height advantage. Vemola lands a series of strikes, as Carmont uses the butterfly guard to get to his feet. Vemola grabs the guillotine and cranks, as Carmont is using a counter of grabbing Vemola's legs and lifting him. Vemola takes it to the mat, remaining ahold of the choke.
Carmont offers a thumbs-up to his corner to let them know he is fine, and he pulls his head out, winding up on top of Vemola. Carmont holding Vemola down, and looking for a submission. Carmont bending Vemola's arm back above his head, but Vemola gets out of it, though he remains mounted by Carmont. Vemola gets to his feet but gives up his neck for a brief second. Carmont shoots in, Vemola grabs his neck and goes to the mat, working a guillotine choke in right in the center of the Octagon. Under 30 seconds left in this action-packd round, and Carmont pulls his head out and is safe. Carmont finishes the round on top, landing a couple of strikes.
FightLine scores the round 10-9 for Carmont
Round 2: Carmont gets a kick to the jaw of Vemola to start, but Vemola ignores the pain and goes right at Carmont, attempting to get a takedown. Nice transition, and Vemola winds up on top, hitting a few quick strikes before Carmont can get to his feet. Carmont locks in a crucifix and gets a choke in, which Vemola taps to. Vemola appeared to tap, pulled his hand away, but tapped again quickly before going out.
Francis Carmont def. Karlos Vemola via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:39 of round two
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Munoz Vs. Weidman" Results
- Stephan Bonnar Talks Around Retirement Question
- Dana White Not Sure Who Will Face Anderson Silva Next, Unhappy With Late Stoppage In Main Event
- Ross Pearson, George Sotiropoulos Named TUF: The Smashes Coaches
- UFC On FUEL 4 Bonuses Awarded To Te Huna, Beltran Weidman, Caceres
- Video: "UFC On Fuel TV: Munoz Vs. Weidman" Post-Fight Press Conference
- Jon Fitch Looking To Return In September
- Statement Made: Chris Weidman Stops Mark Munoz, Calls For Anderson Silva
- UFC On FUEL 4: Mark Munoz Vs. Chris Weidman
- James Te Huna Pounds Joey Beltran, Picks Up Victory
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.