Round 1: They touch gloves and the action begins. Tavares gets off first with a hard right body kick. Another. Yang threatens the takedown off a kick, as well as the left hand counter. Yang with a pair of inside leg kicks. They start to settle into exchanging; Tavares catches an eye poke. Both men swinging, neither finding their range well yet. Yang gets poked in the eye and they take a brief break before restarting. Now Tavares gets poked in the eye and we break again. A minute to go. Yang closes the distance behind a hard left hand, but Tavares turns him quickly. Yang reverses and lands a knee.
FightLine scores the round 10-10
Round 2: They touch gloves again and begin exchanging. Both men are throwing a lot, but they're both a little jittery and having a hard time really finding their range. Both land some solid kicks to the legs and body. Yang with a crane kick that lands flush; Tavares isn't showing any damage from it. Tavares touching his left eye a lot as Yang pressures him with striking. Yang gets double underhooks and takes Tavares to the wall. Yang lands the takedown, but Tavares gets right to his feet. Now it's Tavares with Yang against the cage. Yang goes for a judo throw and almost completes it, but Tavares defends well.
FightLine scores the round 10-9 for Yang
Round 3: They get after it immediately; Tavares hits a solid double leg and plants Yang against the cage. Yang defending, but Tavares works him back down. After a long stalemate, the ref stops them and stands them up. They get back to exchanging and Tavares kicks Yang hard to the groin. Yang goes down and takes a solid break. Tavares apologizes profusely and they get back to it. Tavares starts off with a solid combo. Just over a minute left. The round is winding down and neither man is fighting with urgency.
FightLine scores the round 10-9 for Tavares
Brad Tavares defeated Dongi Yang via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Korean Zombie On Last Night's Big Win: I Made A Statement
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil" Coming To FUEL TV
- Fighting Entertainment Group (FEG) Declaring Bankruptcy
- Poirier Vows To "Come Back And Get The W"
- Chael Sonnen's TUE Exemption Request On 5/21 NSAC Docket
- Match Up Alerts: Natal Vs. Craig, Penner Vs. DeBlass
- Video: Chan Sung Jung Vs. Dustin Poirier, Donal Cerrone Vs. Jeremy Stephens Highlights
- Paul Kelly Denies Being Involved In Drug Sting In England
- Video: Chan Sung Jung, Dustin Poirier Battle At "UFC On FUEL TV 3"
- Jason MacDonald Not Retiring Following Loss At "UFC ON FUEL TV 3"
- Erik Perez Vs. John Albert At "TUF: Live Finale"
- Rashad Evans Unsure When He'll Return To The Octagon
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Gate And Attendance
- Video: UFC On FUEL TV 3 Post-Fight Presser
- UFC On FUEL TV 3 Fight Night Bonuses
- Chan Sung Jung Delivers, Submits Dustin Poirier In Thrilling Fashion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.