The UFC held their first event in Sweden on Saturday with UFC on FUEL TV 2: Gustafsson vs. Silva, which went down from the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm. The fighters on the card brought it for the supportive Swedish crowd, with the most superlative being rewarded $50,000 bonuses for their efforts.
The bonus for Knockout of the Night went to Siyar Bahadurzada, who debuted in the UFC in a big way by handing Paulo Thiago his first ever stoppage loss. The Afghani warrior floored Thiago in the opening moments of the fight with a well-timed counter right hand to pick up a fat check along with his first octagon victory.
Submission of the Night was awarded to Gypsy jiu-jitsu pioneer John Maguire, who submitted DaMarques Johnson with a slick counter armbar in the second round of their welterweight bout.
Brad Pickett and Damacio Page took home Fight of the Night for their bantamweight barnburner, which Pickett won via rear naked choke in the second round.
For full results from the event, click here.
- Alexander Gustafsson, The Next Jon Jones?
- Brad Pickett Gets Back To His Winning Ways
- Door Could Open Back Up For "King Mo" Lawal To Return To Zuffa
- Video: "UFC 145 Primetime" Episode Two
- Australia Vs. UK Expected For Future Season Of Ultimate Fighter
- Video: Brian Stann Back In The Win Column
- "The Ultimate Fighter: India" Next Edition Of UFC Reality Show
- Video: UFC On FUEL TV 2 Post-Fight Presser
- UFC Boss Too Mad To Talk Alistair Overeem
- Date Change Could Be In Order For "UFC 147: Silva Vs. Sonnen 2"
- Video: Alexander Gustafsson Gives Native Country Reason To Smile At "UFC On FUEL TV 2"
- BJ Penn Remains Content With Decision To Retire From Fighting
- Dana White Shoots Down The Rally For Mark Hunt
- UFC On FUEL TV 2 Gate And Attendance
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.