The next card for the UFC will take place in just a couple of days, as UFC on FUEL: Munoz vs. Weidman goes down Wednesday night from San Jose, California. In the main event, middleweights Mark Munoz and Chris Weidman will collide in hopes of launching themselves into a shot at UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.
Munoz has put together a 12-2 record, including four consecutive victories since a split decision loss to Yushin Okami in 2010. He is returning to action for the first time since last November, as elbow surgery knocked him out of a planned No. 1 contender bout with Chael Sonnen.
Weidman is 8-0 and has won two of his four UFC fights by submission. He stopped Demian Maia earlier this year to place himself in this key match.
As always, FightLine will have complete coverage of the entire card, beginning with the prelims. Make sure you check back for all your MMA news.
Check out UFC commentators Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan discussing the Munoz-Weidman fight in the video below:
- Mark Munoz Will Call For Shot At Anderson Silva With Win Over Chris Weidman
- Coach For Chael Sonnen Will Not Appeal Loss, Wants Fans To Push For Third Match
- Chael Sonnen Headed To The Back Of Middleweight Line
- UFC 148 Medical Suspensions For Several Fighters Including Sonnen, Griffin
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To Face Glover Teixeira At UFC 153
- Russia The Next Target For The UFC's Global Conquest
- Forrest Griffin Tops UFC 148 Salaries
- Dana White Not Too Happy With Griffin's Antics At UFC 148
- Trainer Believes Chael Sonnen Has Fought His Last Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.