We've reached our prelim main event, as lightweights Jeremy Stephens (20-8) and Yves Edwards (41-18-1) finally square off. The two were scheduled to meet earlier this year, but Stephens was arrested on an outstanding warrant and forced out of the fight. Steve Newport will be the referee.
Round 1: Stephens comes flying in with a knee, but Edwards moves out of the way. Heavy right by Stephens misses, but a second does not. Edwards goes for a choke, but is unable to keep it. Strike connects by Stephens to Edwards, as Stephens throws another heavy right. Straight right by Stephens clips Edwards, who connects with a body shot. Stephens blocks a head kick attempt by Edwards. Another body shot from Stephens. Edwards counters Stephens and drops him, finishing him with a flurry on the mat. Counter right from Edwards connected, and he finished it with an elbow that knocked Stephens out.
Yves Edwards def. Jeremy Stephens via TKO (strikes) at 1:55 of Round 1
- "UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz" Results
- Jon Jones Has Something To Prove Against Alexander Gustafsson
- Liz Carmouche Has Been Training For Ronda Rousey For Awhile
- NSAC Test Two Fighters Ahead Of UFC 155
- UFC On Fox 5 Bonuses Handed Out
- Video: "UFC On Fox 5" Post-Fight Press Conference
- Anthony Pettis: "Should Have Gave Me The Shot" Vs. Benson Henderson At UFC On Fox 5
- Benson Henderson Controls Nate Diaz, Successfully Defends UFC Title
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.