Several fighters were issued medical suspensions following their bouts this past Saturday at UFC on Fox: Shogun vs. Rua. Among them were both main event fighters, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua and Brandon Vera, according to a report by The Underground.
Rua, who earned a fourth round victory over Vera, was issued 45 days off and no contact for 30 days due to a hard fight. Vera received 60 days for a cut on his eye and 30 with no contact.
Jamie Varner, DaMarques Johnson and Wagner Prado each received indefinite suspensions and need clearance for injuries suffered to resume fighting.
Mike Swick and Oli Thompson each received 180-days suspensions, while Ulysses Gomez, John Moraga and Cole Miller received 60. Ryan Bader was given 45 days for a knockout loss.
- Nate Diaz Inks New Deal With UFC
- Roy Nelson Tweets "The Juice Is Good" In Regards To Using TRT
- Dana White Fine With TRT, As Long As It's Used Properly
- Video: Another Teaser For All-Access Ronda Rousey
- Seth Petruzelli To Compete At K-1 Rising
- Lightweights Bobby Green, Matt Ricehouse Placed On Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman
- Dan Henderson Thinks Lyoto Machida’s Style Contains A Flaw
- Henderson Feels Age Is Not A Factor In His Upcoming Fight Against Jones
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira Willing To Coach TUF: Brazil Vs. Shogun Rua
- Frank Mir Gave No Second-Thought To Facing Daniel Cormier
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.