The UFC's first two shows on Fox left something to be desired, but fans and the promotion both have nothing to complain about following their latest offering: UFC on Fox 3: Diaz vs. Miller.
The four-fight event featured entertainment and variety from top to bottom. It provided those unfamiliar with the sport a view of MMA's full spectrum of techniques and approaches, along with great displays of athleticism and heart.
Unfortunately, that didn't translate into ratings success.
UFC on Fox 3 pulled in only 2.4 million viewers, an audience far smaller than that attracted by their earlier Fox events. Their first show on the network, which featured a heavyweight title fight between Cain Velasquez and Junior dos Santos, drew 5.7 million viewers and their second drew 4.6 million.
Compared to other MMA events held on network television, UFC On FOX 3 has done the worst in terms of ratings, lower even than all Strikeforce or EliteXC events:
-UFC on Fox 1: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez: 5.7 million viewers
-EliteXC: Primetime (Kimbo Slice vs. James Thompson): 4.85 million
-UFC on Fox 2: Evans vs. Davis: 4.6 million viewers
-EliteXC: Heat (Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli): 4.56 million
-Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers: 4.04 million viewers
-Strikeforce: Nashville (Jake Shields vs. Dan Henderson): 2.9 million
-EliteXC: Unfinished Business (Robbie Lawler vs. Scott Smith 2): 2.6 million viewers
-UFC On Fox 3: Diaz vs. Miller: 2.4 million viewers
It's a shame that such a stellar representation of the sport reached such a small mainstream audience.
- Benson Henderson's First Title Defense Set For UFC 150 Against Frankie Edgar
- Urijah Faber To Compete For UFC Interim Bantamweight Title
- Nephew Of Anderson Silva To Compete Saturday At "Lion Fight Muay Thai VI"
- Papy Abedi Will Seek First UFC Win Vs. Rick Story At "UFC On FX 4"
- Gilbert Melendez "Coming For All The 55-Pounders" Regardless Of Promotion
- Another Week, Another Interesting Tim Kennedy Video
- Siyar Bahadurzada In For Yoshihiro Akiyama To Face Thiago Alves At "UFC 149"
- Team Cruz Wants UFC Bantamweight Champ To Remain On "TUF: Live"
- Lineup Finalized For Bellator 69 Next Friday
- UFC On Fox Ratings Suffer Steep Decline
- Sarah Kaufman Will Challenge Ronda Rousey In August
- Report States No MMA Coming To New York This Year
- With Dominick Cruz Out, Urijah Faber Hopes UFC Creates Interim TItle
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.