UFC on FOX 3: Diaz vs. Miller went down Saturday night from the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. As usual the superlative fighters of the night were given performance bonuses, this time in the amount of $65,000.
Fight of the Night was awarded to flyweights Louis Gaudinot and John Lineker, who battled back and forth before Gaudinot sunk in the fight-ending rear naked choke in the second round.
Lavar Johnson took home Knockout of the Night for his impressive stoppage of Pat Barry. After overcoming some brief adversity on the mat, Johnson pinned Barry to the cage and teed off with repeated right uppercut-left hook combinations until his opponent slumped to the mat.
Finally, Submission of the Night went to Nate Diaz, who forced Jim Miller to tap to a guillotine in the night's main event. With the win, Diaz earned a title shot and became the first man to ever finish Miller.
For full results from the event, click here.
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Ratings Continue To Flag
- Video: Marcus Davis Mulling Retirement After KO
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch Official For UFC 149
- Dominick Cruz Injures ACL, UFC 148 Title Fight Canceled
- Nate Marquardt Vs. Tyron Woodley For Strikeforce Title
- Dana White Credits Donald Trump With UFC Return To Atlantic City
- Brian Stann Vs. Hector Lombard To Main Event "UFC On FOX 4"
- UFC Thinking About Another Possible Comeback Season For "TUF"
- "TUF: Brazil" Episode Recap: Wanderlei Earns A Win
- "Super Fight League 3" Results: James Thompson Tops Bobby Lashley
- Roger Gracie To Make Middleweight Debut Vs. Keith Jardine At Strikeforce Event
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.