Two fights into his UFC career and Nick Denis (11-3) has decided to end it due to fear of brain damage, the fighter wrote on his blog.
"I really believe in living life," said Denis. "I always say to people follow your heart. I'm trying to say that I followed my heart and in doing so, I reached one of my goals."
Denis suffered a fractured orbital bone in his last fight against Roland Delorme (8-2) and realized there was too much danger involved. He leaves MMA with no regrets.
After six years in the business, Denis signed a five fight deal with the UFC and debuted this past January. He was 1-1 for the UFC. In his debut, he took home Knockout of the Night honors with a 22 second KO. The bantamweight's final fight was a submission loss to Delorme back at UFC on FOX 3.
"I came to the UFC and made an amazing debut," said Denis. "Some say it was the best UFC debut of all time. Had a great second fight, but I ended up breaking my orbital bone and losing by submission."
- Lorenz Larkin's Manager Not Happy With Luke Rockhold
- Invicta FC 4 Card Released: Strawweight Champion To Be Crowned
- MFC To Crown New Lightweight Champion
- Rory MacDonald Has Future Encounter With Carlos Condit On His Mind
- Luke Rockhold Still Injured, Off January Strikeforce Card
- Dana White Disappointed About Strikeforce
- Johny Hendricks Has No Doubt Who He Wants Next
- X-Gym Trainer Knows Jon Jones' Weakness
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.