UFC heavyweight Christian Morecraft (7-3) was arrested over the weekend and charged with operating a vehicle while under the influence, reckless driving, speeding and driving without a license. The arrest took place, after he declined to take a breathalyzer. He was later was released on bail.
Since the incident, Morecraft has posted the following statement on his Facebook account:
"A good man is an honest man and I made a mistake."
According to a police report posted on Barnstable's Patch site, Morecraft was pulled over on September 1.
A representative from the Barnstable Police Department said the fighter was due in court on September 4, but couldn't verify if Morecraft was present.
The UFC has not issued a statement on the charge.
Morecraft is on a two fight losing streak since he debuted for the UFC in 2010. He is 1-3 for the organization and last fought in January of this year.
- UFC Boss Has "No Regrets" Over Cancelling UFC 151
- Lyoto Machida's Decision To Pass On Title Shot Moves Him Down The Line
- Foot Injury Could Keep Mark Munoz Sidelined For Over A Year
- Dana White Confirms Georges St-Pierre Vs. Anderson Silva In The Plans
- Teams For The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Announced
- Odds Of Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza Fighting In November Looking Slim
- Tyson Nam, Bellator Contract Dispute Continues
- Video: Full Trailer For MMA-Inspired Film "Here Comes The Boom"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline