UFC officials continued their recent trend of releasing statements following failed post-fight drug tests. The latest pair of fighters to be hit were Stephan Bonnar and Dave Herman.
"Stephan Bonnar and Dave Herman tested positive for banned substances following their bouts at UFC 153. The UFC has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents. Both fighters have admitted taking the banned substances and have orally agreed to suspensions. Once the suspensions have been reduced to written agreements, the results of their tests and the agreed upon suspensions will be sent to the Association of Boxing Commissions official record-keeper so other jurisdictions will be on notice."
Bonnar announced his retirement earlier this week before news of the failed test was released. This is the second such failed drug test for both Bonnar and Herman.
- Jon Jones Still Looking Forward To Dan Henderson Encounter
- Michael Bisping "Frustrated" By Chael Sonnen's Constant Title Shots
- Eddie Alvarez Is Now A Free Agent
- Andrei Arlovski, Anthony Johnson Top WSOF 1 Payroll
- Second WSOF Card Set For January In Las Vegas
- WSOF 1 Results: Andrei Arlovski Destroys Devin Cole
- Chris Weidman Gathering Clothes, Supplies For Hurricane Sandy Victims
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.