UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz will serve as the honorary pace car driver for the AdvoCare 500 Sprint Cup Series race in Phoenix on Sunday, November 11.
"I'm excited to be making my return to PIR and the Advocare 500 NASCAR race," Cruz said. "My first experience in the pace car was one of the coolest and most unique opportunities I have ever had. To feel even a sliver of the adrenaline that these drivers experience was so awesome and I can't wait to do it again."
Cruz (19-1) was born in nearby Tucson, Arizona. He is currently rehabbing from a knee injury suffered in training, but is expected to return to action in 2013 vs. interim UFC bantamweight champion Renan Barao.
- Antonio Silva Down For Alistair Overeem Fight If It's On The Table
- Bellator 78 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Tourney Semifinals Official
- Female MMA Legend Possibly Preparing Her Retirement Fight
- Marius Zaromskis Would Use Bellator Winnings So His Wife Can Live Closer To Him
- WSOF On Target To Sellout Their First Show With 7,000 Fans
- Kurt Holobaugh Pulls Double Duty Getting Married, Fighting On The Same Day
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.