The cruiserweight division would give a class for fighters floating between light heavyweight (205 pounds) and heavyweight (265 pounds). It marks the biggest weight difference between two divisions.
"We have not considered (cruiserweights)," said White, during the pre-fight press conference for UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao Thursday. "A lot of people ask me about adding another division. If we do add another anytime soon, it's going to be a lighter one."
The lightest class right now is flyweights, which will be crowning their first champion in September when Joseph Benavidez takes on Demetrious Johnson.
- Next Up On Ronda Rousey's Hit List: Michael Phelps
- Urijah Faber Confirms Broken Rib During Fight With Renan Barao
- Video: "UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II" Trailer
- Hector Lombard To Welterweight? Yes, Says Dana White
- Rebellion MMA Radio: Sarah Kaufman, Lyle Beerbohm
- Matt Riddle Wants Dan Hardy, But Hardy Has No Interest In Fight
- Despite Loss, Urijah Faber Plans To Remain A Bantamweight
- Re-Live Ryan Jimmo's Incredible 7-Second KO At UFC 149
- Video: Highlights From "UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.