Welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre returns to action after a long absence to take on the interim welterweight champion Carlos Condit to unify the belts.
UFC 154 will also have welterweights in the co-main event as Johny Hendricks and Martin Kampmann will look to put themselves next in line for the winner of the night’s main event. Of course that could all get thrown out the door should the UFC middleweight champion enter the Octagon after the welterweight belt is wrapped around a certain someone’s waist. The wild card that could keep the division on hold is the long talked about but never coming to fruition “super fight” between St-Pierre and Silva.
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
145 lbs.: Darren Elkins defeated Steven Siler by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Darren Elkins was super aggressive from the opening bell and relentless with his pressure and takedowns. Siler showed tremendous heart but Elkins completely dominated this fight. The decision win from Elkins improves his record to 5-1 in the UFC and fourth in a row as a featherweight.
135 lbs.: Ivan Menjivar defeated Azamat Gashimov by 1st rd. Armbar Submission (2:44)
- Ivan Menjivar spent the majority of the fight on his back but that didn’t stop him from winning the fight. Menjivar used the Russians aggression against him and locked in a deep armbar to spoil the debut of Gashimov.
170 lbs.: Matt Riddle defeated John Maguire by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Matt Riddle wanted to keep fight stand while John Maguire looked tentative.
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 5pm PT / 8pm ET)
145 lbs.: Antonio Carvalho defeated Rodrigo Damm by Split Decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Very slow fight and one that only hit the ground once. Carvalho cut Damm down with the leg kicks in the opening round that slowed Damm down the rest of the fight. Carvalho moves to 2-1 inside the Octagon.
155 lbs.: John Makdessi defeated Sam Stout by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- John Makdessi worked his game plan to perfection and jabbed the face of Sam Stout like a hundred times. Stout didn’t change his style and kept coming forward allowing Makdessi to pick him a part.
205 lbs.: Cyrille Diabate defeated Chad Griggs by 1st rd. Rear-Naked Choke Submission (2:24)
- Chad Griggs got rocked with the first punch from Cyrille Diabate and it was all down hill from there. Diabate showed his improved ground game and secured a Rear-naked Choke submission to drop Griggs UFC record to 0-2.
185 lbs.: Patrick Cote defeats Alessio Sakara by Disqualification (Shots to back of the head)
- Patrick Cote hurt Alessio Sakara early, Sakara hurt Cote right after that but his finished him off with 4-5 shots to the back of the head. First thought that Sakara was going to get the TKo win as the ref never stopped or warned him before the fight ended. After the ref discussed with the commission it was ruled a DQ in favor of Cote.
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 7pm PT / 10pm ET)
145 lbs.: Pablo Garza defeated Mark Hominick by Unanimous Decision (29-27, 30-26, 29-28)
- Mark Hominick was getting the better of Pablo Garza early on but once Garza got the fight of the ground he took over and dominated. Garza slices him under both eyes with elbows and spent nearly two full round in a dominate position. Hominick has now lost four in a row.
155 lbs.: Rafael dos Anjos defeated Mark Bocek by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Mark Bocek just got dominated by Rafael dos Anjos who looked his best inside the Octagon. Out working and stopping every take down attempt for Bocek, dos Anjos just looked the better fighter for 15 minutes. The win give Rafael dos Anjos three in a row.
185 lbs.: Constantinos Philippou vs. Nick Ring
185 lbs.: Francis Carmont defeated Tom Lawlor by Split Decision (29-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- The exciting moments in this fights were few and far between making this fight tough to score. The slowest fight fight thus far at UFC 154 and had the fans booing during and after the fight.
170 lbs.: Johny Hendricks defeated Martin Kampmann by 1st rd KO (:46)
- Wow! Johny Hendricks crushed Martin Kampmann with a left hand that sent him to the canvas. He followed it up with one left hand on the ground to clean things up. That’s five in a row for Hendricks who wants a shot at the winner of the UFC 154 main event.
170 lbs. Title Unification Bout: Georges St-Pierre defeated Carlos Condit by Unanimous Decision (49-46, 50-45, 50-45)
The scheduled UFC 154 bout between Constantinos Philippou and Nick Ring was scrapped early today when Ring fell ill.
- UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit Bold Predictions
- The Fight Report: UFC 154
- Georges St Pierre Cleared, Carlos Condit gets to Training!
- Diaz Pisses off St. Pierre, Gets Title shot over Condit
- UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit Live Results and Analysis
Get more great MMA news and analyis over at MMA Valor.