Our final prelim match of the night is next, as middleweights Patrick Cote (18-8) and Alessio Sakara (19-9) square off. Dan Miragliotta will serve as the referee.
Round 1: Pro-Cote crowd as you would expect for the Canadian. Sakara with a nice right, and a stiff left jab. Cote unloading with several rights and lefts, including a knee to the chin of Sakara, who is covering up. Sakara with an elbow that drops Cote, who is now on the ground looking to cover up. Sakara with several hammerfists to a grounded Cote, and this one is over, as the referee steps in. A pair of elbows, followed by a left hook, caused Cote to lose his balance early, and Sakara followed up with the punches to the side - and some to the back - of the head. It appears that the ref is talking to an official now, and we could have a disqualification.
Patrick Cote def. Alessio Sakara via DQ (illegal strikes) at 1:26 of Round 1
- UFC 154: St-Pierre Vs. Condit Results
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC
- José Aldo Medically Cleared Following Motorcycle Accident
- Greg Jackson: Nick Diaz Is A Title Threat
- Anderson Silva: I Still Want To Face Georges St-Pierre
- Georges St-Pierre Unsure If Super-Fight With Anderson Silva Is Next
- Video: "UFC 154: St-Pierre Vs. Condit" Post-Fight Press Conference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.