Headlining the UFC 153 fight card now is the UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, stepping in on short notice to face Stephan Bonnar in a three round light heavyweight bout. This “fun” bout has no title on the line like the original main event between featherweights Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar, but the fight will not be a let down.
In the UFC 153 co-main event will be Antonio Minotauro Nogueira making his return to the Octagon after Frank Mir broke his arm at UFC 140 last December. Big Nog’s opponent will be the dangerous Dave Herman, who is looking to snap his first career losing streak.
All in all, the UFC 153 fight card has 15 Brazilian fighters and at least one in every single bout. The HSBC Arena will be filled early with crazy passionate fans looking to cheer on their countrymen at UFC 153.
Follow all the night’s action right here as we bring you live results and analysis of each fight right after it finishes.
Main Card (PPV):
170 lbs.: Demian Maia defeated Rick Story by 1st rd. Submission (RNC / Neck Crank)
- Watch out welterweights Demain Maia is 2-0 in the division now and finishing fights! Maia was relentless getting Story to the ground and looked very impressive here tonight.
205 lbs.: Phil Davis defeated Wagner Prado by 2nd rd. Submission (Anaconda Choke)
- Great performance by Davis as he smothered Prado with his wrestling. Prado wore down towards the end of round one after working so hard at defending what Davis was trying to do. Davis hands Prado his first defeat and improves to 5-1 inside the Octagon.
170 lbs.: Jon Fitch defeated Erick Silva by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Fitch showed no ring rust and looked very good against a tough opponent. Silva had a deep submission in round two but Fitch proved once again he is tough to finish. The fight went the distance but make no mistake this was not a boring grinding fight from Jon Fitch.
205 lbs.: Glover Teixeira defeated Fabio Maldonado by 2nd rd. TKO (Doctor Stoppage)
- Standing and on the ground, Teixeira hit Maldonado with everything he had and could not finish the fight. Maldonado is a fighter with a massive heart and even with the doctor stopping the fight he wanted to go back out there for the third. Teixeira is for real!
265 lbs.: Antonio Minotauro Nogueira defeated Dave Herman by 2nd rd. Submission (Armbar)
- Jiu Jitsu might not work on Dave Herman but he still ended up tapping to the armbar of Nogueira. 11 months after having his arm broke, Nogueira got a big victory in Brazil and handed Herman his third UFC loss in a row.
205 lbs.: Anderson Silva defeated Stephan Bonnar by 1st rd. TKO
- A big knee to the midsection by Anderson Silva sent Bonnar crumbling to the canvas, covering up, waiting for the fight to be stopped. The middleweight champion is now 3-0 at light heavyweight but says he won’t fight at 205 lbs. again. Guess that means everyone should stop talking about a Silva vs. Jon Jones fight!
At the conclusion of UFC 153 check back for the Fight Night Bonuses.
- UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar Bold Predictions
- 8-Bit MMA Poster – UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar
- The Fight Report – UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar
- UFC 153: Aldo vs. Koch Card Complete & Ticket go on sale Thursday
- UFC on FOX: Evans vs. Davis Live Results & Analysis
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Valor.