We head to the bantamweight division next, as Mitch Gagnon (8-2) competes in his native country of Canada against Walel Watson (9-4). A thunderous ovation for Gagnon. Josh Rosenthal will be the referee.
Round 1: Gagnon catches Watson early, landing a nice strike and a kick. Watson with a huge reach advantage, but Gagnon catches him coming in with a left that drops Watson. Gagnon goes on the attack, grabbing a choke as Watson tries to get to his feet. Gagnon gets the hands locked and Watson is forced to tap, igniting the Canadian crowd.
Mitch Gagnon def. Walel Watson via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:09 of Round 1
- "UFC 152: Jones Vs. Belfort" Results
- Chael Sonnen Doesn't Attend Anderson Silva's BBQ
- Rory MacDonald Close To Spar Training Again
- Video: UFC 152 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 152 Bonuses Awarded To Four Different Fighters
- Jon Jones Survives Nasty Armbar, Defends Title For A Fourth Time
- UFC 152: Jon Jones Vs. Vitor Belfort
- Demetrious Johnson Becomes First-Ever UFC Flyweight Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline