UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones may have won the war Saturday night over Vitor Belfort, but he did not escape without injury. Jones, who successfully defended his title in the main event of UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort, was handed an indefinite medical suspension for a possible injury to his right arm.
Belfort locked Jones in a deep armbar attempt early in the fight, and "Bones" said after the bout ended that he felt pain like he had never felt before. An exact length for his suspension will come once an X-ray of his arm is taken.
Charlie Brenneman, Simeon Thoresen, Charles Oliveira and Roger Hollett all received indefinite suspensions as well, according to MMA.tv, who confirmed the findings with the Ontario Athletic Commission.
Evan Dunham received a 60-day suspension, while Lance Benoist, Igor Pokrajac and Joseph Benavidez were handed 30-day suspensions. Several other fighters were given "rest" suspensions of 14 days.
- Phil Baroni Not A Supporter Of TRT Usage
- Danny Castillo Thinks He Can Bring Michael Johnson To The Ground
- Lyoto Machida: Jon Jones Showed He Is Championship Material By Not Tapping Out
- Strikeforce: Melendez Vs. Healy Fighters To Be Paid By Zuffa
- Cain Velasquez On Lesson Learned From Loss To Junior Dos Santos
- Winning Bellator's Season 7 Welterweight Tournament Means Everything To Nordine Taleb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.