UFC president Dana White has plenty of anger in his voice during a special media conference call where he announced that the entire UFC 151: Jones vs. Henderson event has been cancelled. Instead, Jon Jones will defend his UFC light heavyweight title against Lyoto Machida on September 22 at UFC 152.
White said that, along with UFC co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta, that they are "disgusted" with Jones' decision to not accept a fight on eight days notice with Chael Sonnen.
"It's huge," White said, in terms of the financial loss the UFC will face by calling off an entire event. "The prelims were to market on FX. We spent some money (for this card). There's billboards in Times Square, the media; I am sure you guys have seen all the TV acts. The list goes on. It's a massive, massive hit."
White continued to express his displeasure with Jones not being willing to meet Sonnen.
"If I get the call that (Jones) won't fight Machida, we'll have another conference call and it won't be good," said White when asked about any talk of Jones turning down the Machida fight.
- Ken Shamrock Accused Of Assaulting A Woman
- Joe Rogan Feels The Older The Fighter The Better
- Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot, Jon Jones Gets New Opponent For UFC 152
- Jon Jones Finally Makes His First Public Statements Since UFC 151 Cancellation
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Draws Over 3,500
- Joe Lauzon Does His Best To Sum Up The Entire Jon Jones-UFC 151 Drama
- Lightweights Shane Roller-Jacob Volkmann, Michael Johnson-Danny Castillo Moved To October
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.