Eddie Yagin and Dennis Siver found out, just like several other fighters, that they would no longer be competing on September 1 at UFC 151. Due to the decision to scrap the event completely, several fighters were left scrambling to try and make ends meet.
One of those was Yagin, a relative newcomer to the UFC. Yagin's manager, Jason House of Iridium Sports Agency, released a statement concerning Yagin to Five Ounces of Pain.
"(Sean Shelby) said he would re-book the fight as soon as possible. Right now, we are just trying to make sure Eddie has the finances to get through another camp," House wrote. "Thankfully, Fear the Fighter is still going to pay Eddie. That was really nice of them."
Yagin (16-5-1) earned his first UFC victory earlier this year, scoring a split decision over Mark Hominick. He dropped his UFC debut to Junior Assuncao last year.
No official date for Yagin-Siver has been announced by the UFC to date.
- Luke Rockhold Set To Return Sooner Than Expected
- Vitor Belfort "Joyful" To Fight Jon Jones, Blasts Fighters Who Have Become "Divas"
- Dana White Says There's Only One Difference Between Fighting Henderson And Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Rips "Selfish Brat" Jon Jones For Refusing Fight
- Video: Bellator 73 Highlights Feature Quick Finishes
- Fear The Fighter Steps Up To Help Finance Eddie Yagin
- Joe Lauzon Requested Bout With Gray Maynard
- Cung Le Back Training, Says Foot Remains "Sore"
- Jones' Striking Coach Hints That Chael Sonnen Had Been Training For Weeks
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.