Jared Hamman vs. Michael Kuiper
We head to the middleweight ranks next, as Jared Hamman (13-4) goes up against Michael Kuiper (11-1). Adam Martinez will be the ref. Hamman announced as fighting out of Denver, which gets a solid pop from the crowd.
Round 1: Hamman goes to work on the legs of Kuiper, landing a pair of quick strikes. Kuiper the more effective striker in the early going. Kuiper with a takedown, but unable to do much damage and Hamman lands a knee on his way up to his feet. Kuiper landing some uncontested blows to Hamman, as Kuiper beings teeing off on Hamman.
Now, Hamman is firing back, but Kuiper floors him with a big right. Flying knee misses by Kuiper, and Hamman hits a solid 1-2. Kuiper, though, onloads with several uncontested shots, including a huge left. Kuiper with a head kick, and Kuiper is waiting for the right moment to strike. Hamman wobbles, as his leg appears to be seriously injured and the round comes to an end.
FightLine scores the round 10-9 for Kuiper
Round 2: Hamman tells his corner he has a muscle issue in his leg, but he comes back out to start the second. Hamman coming forward, but Kuiper lands a big left. Kuiper going for the leg, which is believed to have a torn thigh muscle in it. Kuiper with a pair of big right counters. Kuiper floors Hamman and jumps on top, but Hamman survives and rolls through to get to his feet. Honestly, I have no idea how Hamman is still upright. Again, Kuiper tees off and drops Hamman, but Hamman fires a big knee to the head of Kuiper. The third time is enough, as Kuiper floors Hamman again and the referee steps in before any further damage can be done.
Michael Kuiper def. Jared Hamman via KO (punch) at 2:16 of Round 2
- "UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II" Live Coverage & Results
- Benson Henderson A Fan Of Nate Diaz, Excited To Face Him
- Video: UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Post-Fight Press Conference
- Several Sound Off On Controversial Benson Henderson-Frankie Edgar Decision
- Donald Cerrone Admits He Got "Teary Eyed," Calls Out Anthony Pettis Again
- UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Fight Bonuses Handed Out
- Nate Diaz, Cesar Gracie Discuss Henderson-Edgar Bout
- Disappointed Frankie Edgar Feels Like He Won Fight With Benson Henderson
- Benson Henderson Successfully Defends UFC Lightweight Title With Decision Victory
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.