Benson Henderson has his next title defense set, as he will face Nate Diaz for the UFC lightweight title in December. Before he can do that, however, "Smooth" must be cleared by a physician.
The medical suspensions for UFC 150: Henderson vs. Edgar II were released on Wednesday (thanks to MMAWeekly.com), and Henderson is among the few suspended. The nature of Henderson's suspension was not made public.
Justin Lawrence, who was knocked out by Max Holloway, received a 60-day suspension and will also need medical clearance before returning to the Octagon.
Melvin Guillard and Jared Hamman each received 60 days, as well, while Dustin Pague and Eiji Mitsuoka were handed 45-day suspensions. Buddy Roberts and Ken Stone were handed 30 days.
- Conflict MMA To Honor Fallen Fighter Tyrone Mims
- Randy Couture's Comeback Fight? Steven Seagal
- Shinya Aoki Now Off Next ONE FC Card, Slated For October Instead
- Junior Dos Santos Named Ambassador Of Salvador For 2014 World Cup
- Frankie Edgar Talks Move To Featherweight, Doesn't Believe Cut Would Have Issues
- Thiago Alves, Siyar Bahadurzada Push For Future Fight
- BJ Penn Believes Cut Wasn't Only Reason Rory MacDonald Pulled Out Of Scheduled Fight
- UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Medical Suspensions Contain Champion
- Jon Jones Fires Back At Chael Sonnen, Refers To Him As "Coward," "Cheater"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline