UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre has talked for years about making a possible run at competing in the Olympics for Canada in the sport of wrestling. Now, as UFC heavyweight champ Junior dos Santos prepares for his first title defense, "Cigano" is fielding questions about boxing for Brazil in 2016.
"No, no," said dos Santos when asked the question during the pre-fight press conference for UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir on Thursday. "You have to be 100 percent focused on MMA. One day, I want to get a boxing fight."
Dos Santos will face Frank Mir in the main event from Las Vegas on pay-per-view Saturday night. "Cigano" claimed the title with a victory over Cain Velasquez last year, and is widely-viewed as one of the most effective strikers in all of MMA.
While many continue to tout JDS as just a boxer, he was quick to point out that, "I am an MMA fighter. I am really confident in all areas."
- "Bellator 70" Official With Weigh-Ins Complete
- No Current Plans To Try Olympic Boxing, Says Junior Dos Santos
- Roy Nelson Not Concerned With Win-Loss Record, Just Having Fun
- Final Numbers Official For "Strikeforce: Barnett Vs. Cormier" Attendance
- Heavyweight Champ Junior Dos Santos: “I Can Knock Anyone Out.”
- "UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir" Pre-Fight Press Conference Notes
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir"
- Quick Shots: Bellator 70 Tomorrow, UFC 147 & UFC On Fuel Tix On Sale Today, Couture's New Movie
- Live Video Of The UFC 146 Pre-Fight Press Conference Today At 2 PM ET
- Alex Caceres To Return At "UFC On FUEL TV 4" Vs. Damacio Page
- Breaking An Arm Not On Frank Mir's Mind Ahead Of "UFC 146"
- Jason “Mayhem” Miller: “I Am Looking Past CB Dollaway!”
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.