The UFC's ratings on FX continue to rise, as the UFC 145 preliminary card broadcast brought in an average of 1.6 million viewers.
The broadcast ran for two hours and featured four of the six preliminary card fights leading into the UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans main card: Mac Danzig vs. Efrain Escudero, Anthony Njokuani vs. John Makdessi, Matt Brown vs. Stephen Thompson and Travis Browne vs. Chad Griggs. UFC 145 aired on Saturday, April 21, from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.
Bellator, however, did not see such a ratings spike over the weekend. MMAJunkie reports that, for their Bellator 66 fight card, the promotion drew 109,000 viewers. The number ranks among the lowest audiences ever generated by a Bellator event.
Bellator 66 went down the day before UFC 145 and featured the promotion's sixth season lightweight and middleweight tournaments, as well as a lightweight superfight between Eddie Alvarez and Shinya Aoki.
- Video: Alistair Overeem's NSAC Hearing
- Falcao-Spang Winner To Face Alexander Shlemenko For Vacant Title
- Vinny Magalhaes Blames Extended Absence On M-1 Global
- Video: Georges St-Pierre's And His Road Back To The Octagon
- Free From Bellator, Jay Hieron To Try Luck With Legacy FC
- Dana White Calls Overeem Liar, Says Future With UFC Uncertain
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighter Salaries
- Keith Kizer Says No Issues Will Come In Chael Sonnen Receiving His Fight License
- Only A Title Shot Would Get Chuck Liddell Out Of Retirement
- Chael Sonnen "Embarassed" For Anderson Silva
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Cheick Kongo On Tap For "UFC 149"
- Frank Mir Wants To See Alistair Overeem Receive Another Shot In UFC
- Mark Munoz Vs. Chris Weidman Slated For Main Event Of "UFC On FUEL TV 4"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.