UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans went down Saturday night from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia and saw UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones defend his belt for the third time by defeating rival Rashad Evans.
The superlative fighters on Saturday night's fight card were awarded fight night bonuses in the amount of $65,000.
Rising heavyweight Travis Browne was awarded Submission of the Night for his first round arm triangle finish of Chad Griggs. "Hapa" extended his current winning streak to three straight with the victory.
Ben Rothwell extended his UFC career with a big comeback win over Brendan Schaub Saturday night, earning the Knockout of the Night award in the process. Rothwell withstood a barrage of punches from Schaub before dropping his opponent with a counter left hook.
Fight of the Night was awarded to Eddie Yagin and Mark Hominick, who knocked each other senseless for three rounds in the featherweight division. Hominick pressed forward relentlessly with a technical assault, but was consistently stunned by Yagin's power punches. In the end, Yagin took home the split decision victory.
For full results from tonight's card, click here.
- Roy Nelson Gets Gabriel Gonzaga For Heavyweight Battle At "UFC 146"
- Video: Bob Sapp Goes Down Again
- Dos Santos Heavy Favorite Over Mir At UFC 146
- UFC 147 Special Announcement Presser Tomorrow
- Silva-Sonnen Rematch May Not Be In Brazil, Announcement Shortly
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Primetime And TUF: Live Episode 7
- "Bellator 66: Aoki Vs. Alvarez" Fighter Salaries
- Video: Wanderlei Silva UFC 147 Video Blog
- "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Medical Suspensions
- OAC Hands Down Punishment To Andreas Spang For Post-Bellator 66 Fight
- "TUF: Brazil" Episode 5 Recap
- Alistair Overeem Releases Statement On Elevated Levels Of Testosterone
- Video: "UFC 145: Jones Vs. Evans" Fighters Marcus Brimage, Maximo Blanco Have Tumble-Off
- Junior Dos Santos Gives Jon Jones Props For His Victory Over Rashad Evans
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.