The UFC returned to the Land of the Rising Sun Saturday night in a big way, bringing a stacked card of entertaining fights to the Saitama Super Arena.
The Fight Night bonuses handed out for the superlative performances of the evening were in the amount of $65,000.
Knockout of the Night went to Anthony Pettis for his spectacular head kick knockout of Joe Lauzon. Showtime earned himself a shot at the title with the highlight reel kick, which came in the first round.
Submission of the Night was given to Vaughan Lee, for his armbar win over Japanese legend Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto, which came in a rollicking single round affair.
Fight of the Night was earned by main eventers Frankie Edgar and Benson Henderson, who disputed the UFC lightweight title over a back-and-forth five rounds. Henderson took the decision in the end, becoming the new lightweight champ in the process.
For full results from UFC 144, click here.
- Bellator's Blagoi Ivanov Stabbed In Bulgaria
- Cast For "The Ultimate Fighter 15" Revealed
- Veterans Todd Duffee, Trevor Prangley Sign With India Promotion
- Thiago Alves Plans To Destroy Martin Kampmann This Friday Night At "UFC On FX 2"
- Video: Preview For "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil"
- Dana White Disappointed In Rampage, Questions His Desire To Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.