Bellator announced today that they declined to match an offer to Tyson Nam (12-4), who knocked out the company's current bantamweight champion Eduardo Dantas (14-3) over the summer. Nam has since signed with the new upcoming promotion World Series of Fighting.
"Bellator received the offer for Tyson Nam's next fight from a new promotional group [The World Series of Fighting], and we are not going to match that offer," CEO Bjorn Rebney to MMA Junkie Radio. "We wish Tyson good luck as he moves forward."
It's not confirmed if Nam will fight on the November 3 debut show.
The first show takes place from the Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino in Las Vegas and airs on NBC Sports Network.
- Submission Specialist Paul Sass Wants To Be The First To Submit Matt Wiman
- Dan Henderson Would Take Fight With GSP If Offered
- UFC Planning Regular Dates For Montreal, Toronto Cards
- Matt Hughes To Remain A Member Of The UFC
- Nick Diaz Seeking Another Overturn Of Suspension
- Stefan Struve Not Worried About Getting Knocked Out By Stipe Miocic
- Bellator 74 Weigh-In Results, All Fighters Make Weight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.