Heavyweight Todd Duffee will receive a second chance in the UFC, as he has signed to face Phil De Fries at UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II in December. Duffee replaces Matt Mitrione, who accepted a main event fight with Roy Nelson.
The card goes down December 29 from Las Vegas. The exact placement of the fight is unknown, but a prelim position is likely.
Duffee (7-2) split his two Octagon appearances before, defeating Tim Hague before falling to Mike Russow. He topped Neil Grove earlier this year in his most recent action.
De Fries (9-1) has won two of his three UFC bouts, including submission victory over Oli Thompson.
- Jon Jones Planning To Silence Chael Sonnen Once And For All
- John Moraga-Chris Cariaso Added To UFC 155
- Sam Stout "Annoyed" With John Makdessi And His Remarks
- UFC Fighter Retires Fearing Brain Damage
- Brendan Schaub: My Back Is Against The Wall
- Shogun Rua Auctioning Off Fight Gloves For Charity
- Greg Jackson Never Watching GSP – Carlos Condit Fight
- Glory Looks To Expand, U.S. Debut Targeted
- Additional Fights Announced For Cage Warriors 51
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.