UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is approaching a record set by Tito Ortiz for successful title defenses of the 205-pound title. Jones will attempt to make his fourth defense at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort against Vitor Belfort.
By now, it is common knowledge that Jones decided against a fight with Chael Sonnen on short notice that would have saved UFC 151 from being cancelled. Ortiz, who had his own series of run-ins with UFC president Dana White, recently express his issues with Jones.
"I'm disappointed in u. When no one else had your back I did," Ortiz posted on Twitter. "The only reason u make the money u do is because I fought & spoke out (when) no other fighters would. The next time u are riding in your Bentley remember who fought for the fighters. If not u maybe riding in a truck."
Ortiz was making a reference to a DUI charge given to Jones earlier this year after he crashed his car into a light pole.
- UFC Boss Has "No Regrets" Over Cancelling UFC 151
- Lyoto Machida's Decision To Pass On Title Shot Moves Him Down The Line
- Foot Injury Could Keep Mark Munoz Sidelined For Over A Year
- Dana White Confirms Georges St-Pierre Vs. Anderson Silva In The Plans
- Teams For The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Announced
- Odds Of Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza Fighting In November Looking Slim
- Tyson Nam, Bellator Contract Dispute Continues
- Video: Full Trailer For MMA-Inspired Film "Here Comes The Boom"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline