Former UFC welterweight Anthony Johnson made a successful debut at light heavyweight, scoring a first round TKO victory in the main event of Titan Fighting Championship: 24 Friday night over Esteves Jones. The card aired lived on AXS TV.
Johnson was released by the UFC after missing weight and falling to Vitor Belfort. He has won both his fights with Titan FC since signing with the promotion.
Also, Brazilian jiu-jitsu standout Braulio Estima earned a win in his MMA debut, topping Chris Holland. Estima made news earlier this year when Nick Diaz failed to show up for a jiu-jitsu match with him in California.
TITAN FC: 24 RESULTS
Anthony Johnson def. Esteves Jones via TKO (strikes) at :53 of Round 1
Braulio Estima def. Chris Holland via submission (arm triangle) at 3:23 of Round 1
Brian Davidson def. John Devall via TKO (strikes) at 3:32 of Round 1
Cody Gibson def. Andrew Whitney via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-27)
Matthew Foster def. Matt Uhde via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
Adam Stickley def. Jose Vega via submission (triangle choke) at 3:23 of Round 1
- Luke Rockhold Set To Return Sooner Than Expected
- Vitor Belfort "Joyful" To Fight Jon Jones, Blasts Fighters Who Have Become "Divas"
- Dana White Says There's Only One Difference Between Fighting Henderson And Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Rips "Selfish Brat" Jon Jones For Refusing Fight
- Video: Bellator 73 Highlights Feature Quick Finishes
- Fear The Fighter Steps Up To Help Finance Eddie Yagin
- Joe Lauzon Requested Bout With Gray Maynard
- Cung Le Back Training, Says Foot Remains "Sore"
- Jones' Striking Coach Hints That Chael Sonnen Had Been Training For Weeks
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.