Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia was rumored to be fighting Daniel Cormier this September in his return to the Zuffa family. However, UFC president Dana White denied the fact, and now, Frank Mir has been signed to face Cormier.
Sylvia, who has been begging for a second chance in the UFC, recently commented on the entire situation via Twitter Thursday.
"Well sorry guys I guess I am not fight dc in sf now mirr is taking the fight i was asked to fight him and said yes it was all a done deal," Sylvia posted.
Sylvia has won three consecutive fights since a TKO loss to Abe Wagner. He is 31-7 in his career, and 7-1 in his last eight.
- Statement Regarding Future Of Nick Diaz Expected On Friday
- Video: Extended Preview For UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II
- Tim Sylvia Comments On Daniel Cormier Fight
- Roy Nelson Sounds Off On Shane Carwin
- If MMA Becomes An Olympic Sport, Jon Jones Wants In
- BJ Penn Agrees To VADA Testing Prior To UFC 152 Bout With Rory MacDonald
- Shane Carwin Selects Nate Marquardt, Pat Barry, Others For TUF Coaching Roster
- Anthony Johnson To Make Light Heavyweight Debut At Titan FC 24
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.