According to reports, former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia will face Daniel Cormier in the final Strikeforce heavyweight fight. The bout will take place September 29 from Sacramento, California.
Sylvia (30-7) has pushed hard in the past few months for a return to the UFC, but UFC president Dana White has continued to deny that. It seems he will return, but under the Strikeforce banner.
The report, first posted by MMAjunkie.com, claims that Sylvia has signed a multi-fight contract. That would mean he might eventually fight in the UFC if he defeats Cormier.
- Next Up On Ronda Rousey's Hit List: Michael Phelps
- Urijah Faber Confirms Broken Rib During Fight With Renan Barao
- Video: "UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II" Trailer
- Hector Lombard To Welterweight? Yes, Says Dana White
- Rebellion MMA Radio: Sarah Kaufman, Lyle Beerbohm
- Matt Riddle Wants Dan Hardy, But Hardy Has No Interest In Fight
- Despite Loss, Urijah Faber Plans To Remain A Bantamweight
- Re-Live Ryan Jimmo's Incredible 7-Second KO At UFC 149
- Video: Highlights From "UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.