As far as former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia is concerned, this fourth encounter with Andrei Arlovski will be the final one. Sylvia and Arlovski square off Friday morning (in the U.S.) at ONE FC 5: Pride of a Nation in the Philippines.
Sylvia owns a 2-1 record against Arlovski, also a former UFC heavyweight champion. The 36-year-old Sylvia (31-7) has won three straight fights.
"I want to kick his teeth down his throat and shut him up once and for all," said Sylvia, in an interview with Tatame.com. "I already beat the crap out of him a couple of times, knocked him out, took his belt away and then sent him to the minor leagues. I'm not surprised he's upset; I want to make an example out of him and beat him into retirement."
Sylvia was rumored to be a potential opponent for Daniel Cormier in Strikeforce, but Zuffa went with Frank Mir instead. Sylvia said he has signed a three-fight contract with the Asian-based ONE FC promotion, and hopes to compete for the companies title in the near future.
"I plan to win all three fights and then after that, we will see," Sylvia said. "I'd like to fight for the ONE FC belt and I am ready to do that. I don't choose my opponents, that's up to ONE FC, but I'm ready to fight anyone."
- UFC Gearing Up For Japan-Based Series Of Events In 2013
- Jon Jones Asks Rashad Evans If He Is Becoming A "Brother" To Vitor Belfort
- Anderson Silva Admits He Didn't Finish Thales Leites Because "He's A Friend"
- Amanda Nunes-Cat Zingano Added To Strikeforce Event In September
- "Countdown To UFC 152" Debuts September 18
- TUF Vet Josh Ferguson Released From UFC
- Update On King Mo's Knee Injury, Timetable For Return
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.