Strikeforce officials have added Tim Kennedy-Trevor Smith the November card. Kennedy-Smith will likely take part on the Showtime-televised main card.
The event, which goes down November 3 from Oklahoma City, recently lost the scheduled main event between Daniel Cormier and Frank Mir. Cormier will remain on the card, though no opponent has been announced.
Smith (10-2) is 2-1 with the promotion, but is coming off a loss to Gian Villante in his most recent bout. Nine of his 10 wins have come via submission.
- Shane Carwin On Roy Nelson "He Puts On A Front"
- Marcus Brimage On Training With American Top Team In Preparation Of UFC 152
- Verbal Attacks Have No Affect On Brian Stann
- Despite Recent Surgery, Chris Weidman Still Plans On Facing Tim Boetsch
- Stephan Bonnar Calls Fighting Anderson Silva In Brazil A "Dream Fight"
- Time Off Allowed Joseph Benavidez To Improve As A Fighter
- Rashad Evans' TUF Performance Pushed Demetrious Johnson Into MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline