If the fighters on The Ultimate Fighter: Live have anything to say about it, Dominick Cruz will not be going anywhere. Cruz, the UFC bantamweight champion, suffered a torn ACL last week and will undergo surgery in the near future. His status was a hot topic during a conference call with the quarterfinalists on TUF: Live Tuesday.
"There's no way we want anybody else but him," James Vick told MMAjunkie.com. "He's been here 10 weeks now, and he's a great coach (with) a great coaching staff. We're getting very close to him, like family almost, and there's no way I would want anybody else but him."
Justin Lawrence, another member of Team Cruz with Vick, said the UFC has not informed them of any changes for the show. Cruz and Urijah Faber were scheduled to meet in July for the UFC title, but that has been canceled.
The UFC made it known at the start of the conference that all questions concerning Cruz would not be answered. They added that information will become present at a later date.
- Video: Jeremy Stephens' Latest UFC On Fuel TV 3 Vlog
- Joe Lauzon Vs. Terry Etim At UFC On Fox 4
- Attonito Out, Papy Abedi In Against Rick Story At UFC On FX 4
- Bellator Inks Wrestling Standout Shanon Slack
- Two Heavyweight Bouts Added To UFC On Fox 4
- Jose Aldo Up For The Challenge Posed By An "Excited" Erik Koch
- "UFC 149: Aldo Vs. Koch" Announcement Presser Notes And Quotes
- Live Video Of The UFC 149 Press Conference Today At 12 PM ET
- Video: Hector Lombard Appears On "UFC Tonight" To Talk Brian Stann Fight
- Ex-UFC Fighter Chris Lytle Not Voted Into Indiana Senate
- Benson Henderson's First Title Defense Set For UFC 150 Against Frankie Edgar
- Urijah Faber To Compete For UFC Interim Bantamweight Title
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.