Strikeforce has confirmed that a planned January card will be the final one on Showtime. Scott Coker, founder and CEO of the promotion, made the announcement in a press release Thursday.
Strikeforce: Marquardt vs. Saffiedine is set for January 12 from Oklahoma City. The card was to feature three championship matches, but injuries forced the cancellation of two of those bouts.
"Since 2009, Showtime has been a great partner and we appreciate its support of Strikeforce and our athletes," Coker said. "For our final event, we've loaded the card with some outstanding fights. This is going to be a memorable night for the sport of mixed martial arts."
In the main event, Nate Marquardt will defend his Strikeforce welterweight title against Tarec Saffiedine. Daniel Cormier will also be in action, along with Josh Barnett, Gegard Mousasi, Tim Kennedy and Roger Gracie.
- Jon Jones Reveals Which Fight Made Him
- Frankie Edgar's Coach Sees Lots Of Gold In The Future
- Jake Ellenberger Thanks Johny Hendricks
- Junior Dos Santos Hopes To Follow In Anderson Silva's Footsteps And Fight In Brazil
- Cain Velasquez 100-Percent Behind Future UFC Event In Mexico
- UFC Makes Pair Of Bouts Official For UFC 157
- Max Holloway Will Meet Leonard Garcia At UFC 155
- Cain Velasquez Doesn't Regret Facing Junior Dos Santos Injured
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.