Salaries for fighters who competed on this past Saturday's Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman event were released to MMAWeekly.com Monday. Former Strikeforce champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza walked away with the biggest paycheck.
Souza, who defeated Derek Brunson via knockout, earned $94,000. Included in that total was a $22,000 win bonus. Brunson earned $13,000.
Main event fighter Ronda Rousey, who defended her Strikeforce bantamweight title over Sarah Kaufman, picked up $40,000 including a $20,000 win bonus. Kaufman earned $17,000.
As is always the case, these reported figures do not include any sponsor, locker room or any other kind of money offered to the fighter. These are just the reported figures to the California Athletic Commission.
Strikeforce: ROUSEY VS. KAUFMAN FIGHTER SALARIES
Ronda Rousey: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
Sarah Kaufman: $17,000
Ronaldo Jacare Souza: $94,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus)
Derek Brunson: $13,000
Tarec Saffiedine: $35,000 (includes $17,500 win bonus)
Roger Bowling: $10,000
Anthony Smith: $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus)
Lumumba Sayers: $7,000
Ovince St. Preux: $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus)
T.J. Cook: $3,000
Miesha Tate: $38,000 (includes $19,000 win bonus)
Julie Kedzie: $5,000
Adlan Amagov: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
Keith Berry: $2,000
Germaine de Randamie: $15,000 (includes $7,500 win bonus)
Hiroko Yamanaka: $8,000
Bobby Green: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
Matt Ricehouse: $5,000
- Tito Ortiz Launches Sports Management Agency
- Wagner Prado Cleared, Hopes For Quick Rematch With Phil Davis
- Jose Aldo Says He Will "Shut Off" Frankie Edgar If They Meet
- Mark Bocek-Rafael Dos Anjos Set For UFC 154
- Randy Couture Helps The Expendables 2 Bring In Nearly $29 Million
- Liz Carmouche Offers Up Her Services To Face Ronda Rousey
- Joe Lauzon-Gray Maynard Added To Year-End UFC 155 Card
- Former NFL Player Turned MMA Fighter Herschel Walker On The Competition Difference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.