The Strikeforceorganization continues to showcase up-and-coming talent with their Challengers series and Friday night they held their twentieth show that featured the main event match-up in the middleweight division between Antwain Britt and Lumumba Sayers. In the co-headlining spot was something that WMMA needs right now which is some new press so the females can continue their crusade for total acceptance of their presence in the MMA world.
Ronda Rousey is an undefeated star on the rise in WMMA and she received yet another chance to highlight her skills in a Strikeforce Women’s featherweight division bout against Julia Budd. Three more bouts rounded out the remainder of the Showtime broadcast with fights featuring other Strikeforce notables such as Derek Brunson, Adlan Amagov, and Nate James.
The bouts that were featured on the card were great with only one contest going the distance and the results for the Showtime broadcast are as follows.
Main card (Showtime)
185 lbs.: Lumumba Sayers defeated Antwain Britt by 1st rd. TKO
- WOW. The two clinch up and with Britt’s back against the cage Sayers unloads a short right that weakens the knees and a right uppercut turns the lights out on Britt.
Women’s 145 lbs.: Ronda Rousey defeated Julia Budd by 1st rd. Submission (Armbar)
- Make it four fights, four armbar submissions for Rousey. Once the round started Rousey pressured Budd and just like that the fight was on the ground. Rousey advanced to mount effortlessly and grabbed the right arm of Budd who hung on and rolled but the elbow gets dislocated and Budd has no choice but to tap out.
188 lbs.: Adlan Amagov defeated Anthony Smith by 1st rd. KO
- They come out swinging wildly before Amagov gets a hard-worked takedown on Smith. The referee stands the two up and its back to wild swinging where Amagov landed a right hand from way outside that dropped Smith. Three punches to the dazed Smith was all she wrote and the referee stops the fight.
205 lbs.: Trevor Smith defeated T.J. Cook by 1st rd. Submission (Guillotine)
- Cook was getting the better of the standup game but made a tactical error in attempting a takedown as he was easily reversed by Smith. Immediately looking for a submission Smith took his time and waited for the opening which came in the last-minute of the fight with a mounted guillotine.
185 lbs.: Derek Brunson defeated Nate James by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- A one-sided fight controlled by the power and wrestling of Brunson. While it was sometimes more control than looking to finish, Brunson remains undefeated.
155 lbs.: Matt Ricehouse defeated Bill Cooper by Unanimous Decision (30-26, 29-27, 30-26)
155 lbs.: Bobby Green defeated J.P. Reese by 3rd rd. Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
205 lbs.: Andreas Spang defeated Keith Berry by 1st rd. TKO
170 lbs.: Quinn Mulhern defeated David Hulett by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Strikeforce Challengers: Voelker vs. Bowling III Results
- Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson Complete Results
- UFC on FOX Results
- Strikeforce Challengers 18 Results
- Ultimate fight Night 22 results
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMA Valor.