More importantly, Seagal allowed Ariel Helwani of MMAFighting.com a quick interview. The action movie star again revealed that he wanted Silva to pull out of the first match with Chael Sonnen back in 2010 due to a rib injury.
"The Spider" did not exit the contest, and struggled for four-plus rounds before submitting Sonnen. The two will collide in the main event Saturday night for UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II.
"I told him not to fight (Sonnen the first time), we all told him not to fight," Seagal said. "He didn't listen. He really shouldn't have (fought)."
Sonnen has called Silva out on the rib injury several times, citing numerous instances when he competed and wasn't 100-percent healthy.
Regardless, Silva-Sonnen II will finally happen Saturday night. FightLine will have complete coverage of the entire action-packed event.
- Matt Serra Wants Final Fight To Be With Matt Hughes
- Anthony Pettis Would Gladly Take Spot As TUF Coach
- UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II FightLine Predictions
- Several Salaries Released For UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- UFC Commentator Joe Rogan Sounds Off On UFC 148 Weigh-Ins
- Video: Anderson Silva Throws Shoulder Into Chael Sonnen, Challenger Doesn't React
- Forrest Griffin Ready To Relax Hours Before Facing Tito Ortiz
- Anderson Silva "Better Than I Give Him Credit For," Says Chael Sonnen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.