Stephen Thompson has suffered a torn meniscus and will not be able to meet Besam Yousef at UFC 154: St-Pierre vs. Condit. The bout was set to take place November 17 from Montreal's Bell Centre. MMAFighting.com first confirmed news of the injury.
Thompson (6-1) recently suffered his first professional loss, dropping a decision to Matt Brown. He is 1-1 in the UFC, including a head-kick knockout of Dan Stittgen in his debut.
Yousef (6-1) is also coming off a loss, having been submitted by Simeon Thoresen. No word yet on if a replacement will be named by the UFC for Thompson.
- Antonio Silva Down For Alistair Overeem Fight If It's On The Table
- Bellator 78 Weigh-In Results: Welterweight Tourney Semifinals Official
- Female MMA Legend Possibly Preparing Her Retirement Fight
- Marius Zaromskis Would Use Bellator Winnings So His Wife Can Live Closer To Him
- WSOF On Target To Sellout Their First Show With 7,000 Fans
- Kurt Holobaugh Pulls Double Duty Getting Married, Fighting On The Same Day
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.