Stephan Bonnar accepted the biggest fight of his life on short notice. Add in that he is expecting his first child this month, and it is no wonder "The American Psycho" is living up to his name.
"I am juggling training and baby stuff pretty good," said Bonnar, during a conference call for UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar on Thursday. "I usually train for a fight for three months, but am crunching that into three weeks. I am doing an ungodly amount of media stuff, and (Wednesday) night I was on the verge of going postal."
Bonnar is set to face UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva in the main event October 13 from Brazil. The former Ultimate Fighter winner reiterated his "going postal" claim, making it seem less like a joke and more like a reality.
After more-or-less announcing his retirement earlier this year, Bonnar took the fight with Silva because it gave him a chance to make a statement. He said he's in "good enough shape to fight three rounds," and that the "chance to fight the greatest fighter in the world in a place like Brazil is just crazy. I feel like I'm in a movie."
- Anderson Silva Not Staying At Light Heavyweight
- WSOF Completes Initial Fight Card Lineup
- Healthy Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Excited For Return At UFC 153
- Stephan Bonnar Ready To Go "Postal" Right Now
- Dennis Hallman On His Decision To Not Fight Friday
- Bellator 75 Weigh-In Results
- UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Silva Weigh-In Results
- Gabriel Gonzaga-Geronimo Dos Santos Off UFC 153
- Bjorn Rebney Believes Eddie Alvarez Headed To UFC
- Cub Swanson Takes Back Jose Aldo Comment, Says It Was Meant For Jens Pulver
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.