Stephan Bonnar etched his name into the UFC history books with a memorable performance against Forrest Griffin in the finals of the first Ultimate Fighter. Now, Bonnar will try to make a new mark when he takes on Anderson Silva atUFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar.
The card will go down in Silva's native country of Brazil this October, and Bonnar knows that to defeat "The Spider," he will have earned one of the biggest upsets in MMA history.
"This is like a dream fight," said Bonnar, while appearing on UFC Tonight recently. "Fighting Anderson Silva in his backyard, of course I'm going to be emotional. But, I like the way it turned out. If I am going to fight this guy, I want it to be in Brazil, I want it to be in Rio; I want to be the biggest underdog of all time and I want to shock the world."
Bonnar has competed against some of the best fighters in the world, carrying an overall record of 15-7 into the contest. "The American Psycho" has won each of his last three Octagon bouts.
- Shane Carwin On Roy Nelson "He Puts On A Front"
- Marcus Brimage On Training With American Top Team In Preparation Of UFC 152
- Verbal Attacks Have No Affect On Brian Stann
- Despite Recent Surgery, Chris Weidman Still Plans On Facing Tim Boetsch
- Stephan Bonnar Calls Fighting Anderson Silva In Brazil A "Dream Fight"
- Time Off Allowed Joseph Benavidez To Improve As A Fighter
- Rashad Evans' TUF Performance Pushed Demetrious Johnson Into MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline