Stefan Struve made an impact on the heavyweight division, stopping Stipe Miocic and handing him his first career loss Saturday at UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic. The card took place in Nottingham, England and the heavyweights were the main event.
Struve (25-5) improved to 14-3 in his last 17 fights, and earned another stoppage victory. "Skyscraper" caught Miocic in the second, and finished him with a series of uppercuts - including a final left one that dropped his opponent.
"I saw him slow in the second round, and I caught him with an uppercut," Struve said. "I always want to finish. I saw he was rocked and I went in for the kill."
Struve is known for his height and submission skills, as he became the first-ever fighter to step inside the Octagon standing 7-feet tall. He owns 16 submission victories, as well, in his career.
"I showed I have a hard chin," said Struve, who took plenty of shots from Miocic. "I have four finishes in a row and Dana White said with a win I would be Top-5 in the world. I am pretty proud, especially for a 24-year-old."
Struve made his UFC debut a few years ago, falling to current UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos. He is 9-3 in his Octagon career.
Miocic (9-1) dropped to 3-1 with the UFC.
- Only One Fight Disappointed At UFC On FUEL TV 5
- Kyle Kingsbury Confirms Multiple Facial Fractures
- Rashad Evans Further Explains Reason For Turning Down Fight
- Dana White Halts Greg Jackson Bashing
- Matt Mitrione Declined Daniel Cormier Fight
- Highlights From "UFC On Fuel TV: Struve Vs. Miocic"
- Video: "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Preview
- Daniel Cormier Talks His Next Opponent
- Chael Sonnen Facing Forrest Griffin Next, But Has Jon Jones On Mind
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.