Stefan Struve (25-5) thinks he has a lot to offer the UFC since he's so young and has already established himself as one the promotion's top heavyweights. When he looks for his fifth straight win against Mark Hunt (8-7), he is also seeking a chance to be in the top five of the division.
"That would put me in a good position as contender in the category, especially when you look my age," said Struve to TATAME. "I'm only 24-years-old and I am still evolving and maturing as a fighter. I'm working hard to improve my skills and I'm still growing in size. I hope to be a challenger and a future champion real soon."
Of those four straight wins, Struve has walked away with Submission on the Night twice and Fight of the Night once. Of Struve's 30 professional fights, only once has the decision been left to the judges. Hunt is 3-1 for the UFC, where he has won his last three fights.
Struve vs. Hunt is rumored for UFC on Fuel TV 8. The March 3 show returns to the Saitama Super Arena in Japan.
- Documentary On Evan Tanner To Air This Month
- Stefan Struve On Where He Stands In The Heavyweight Division
- Greg Jackson's Opinion Of Chael Sonnen
- Dany Lauzon, Brother Of UFC Fighter Joe Lauzon, Signs With World Series Of Fighting
- TUF Winner Jonathan Brookins Leaving MMA, Headed To India To Learn "Other Things"
- Ed Herman Heading To Strikeforce, Will Face Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza In January
- Strikeforce Confirms January Will Be Final Event On Showtime
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.